Nose, throat and eye irritations, colds, allergies and even hypersensitivity pneumonitis can all be triggered by one common culprit: moulds and fungi infestations. Just about anyone can be affected adversely, but some people are especially susceptible to mould, including asthmatics and individuals with compromised immune systems. The bottom line is moulds and fungi can cause serious health hazards if not dealt with properly.
Mould can grow after flooding from any source, including burst pipes, a leaky roof or a sewer backup. If the dampness remains over long periods of time, mould occurs – and mould produces hazardous chemicals that can affect your health. Scope Group is experienced with mould removal and abatement in New Zealand. To adequately address a mould problem, specialised equipment for proper protection and air sampling used by trained professionals is required.
REMOVAL OF LEAD, MERCURY & PCB-CONTAINING ITEMS
Lead-based paint is a serious source of poisoning among children and adults. If not remediated, lead poisoning can lead to impaired mental functions and even brain damage. In children, lead poisoning can result in slowed mental and physical development and cause attention disorders. If severe enough, it can even cause nerve damage to sense organs and cause problems in unborn foetal development.
You can trust in the expertise and experience of Scope Group to remove and safely dispose of:
- Lead paint and other lead-containing products
- Mercury-containing equipment, such as thermostats and gauges
- PCB (polychlorinated biphenyls)-containing items, such as fluorescent light ballasts and transformers
DISCREET METH LAB REMEDIATION
Because the chemical and drug residues left behind in a building that was a former methamphetamine lab are not always visible to the naked eye, testing and remediation services are best left in the hands of a professional like Scope Group. We specialise in methamphetamine lab remediation and clean-up services throughout New Zealand.
No matter the size or duration of the former meth lab in question, we are able to properly clean the affected home or office to make future occupancy possible. When you contact us for methamphetamine lab remediation services, you can expect professional discretion. All information we gather during the remediation process is kept strictly confidential.
How do you know if your home was a former meth lab?:
- Signs to look for include visible chemical staining and venting work that looks like it has been removed
- Even if the meth lab was only operational for a few days or it’s been over a decade since the lab was shut down, hazardous toxic residue can still be left behind
- The chemicals are usually present until they’ve been cleaned away by an expert with the necessary experience and equipment